The Acton-Boxborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council (AB SEPAC) is a volunteer organization comprised of parents and guardians of students with disabilities and other individuals interested in special education who reside in Acton or Boxborough, Massachusetts. We come together to share the experience we need to become empowered participants in our children’s education and ensure our families’ priorities stay on the school district’s agenda. Any interested individuals, whether or not their children have special needs, are welcome to join the SEPAC and participate in any of the activities and events sponsored by our organization.
Regular SEPAC activities:
- Meetings with invited speakers, special education administrators, and school committee members
- Parent support through our email lists, monthly Parenting Support Hour, and coffee and tea hours
- Disseminating informational materials and expanding our website to help parents stay informed and educated
- Social events to allow families to gather informally and make connections in the community
The Acton-Boxborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council’s mission is to ensure understanding, respect, support, and the appropriate education of all children in our community. We strive to:
- Promote and support an innovative educational environment wherein children with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities, encouraging all students to realize their full potential.
- Provide regular forums to stimulate meaningful dialogue between parents/guardians and the Acton-Boxborough school system.
- Work in partnership with school administrators on the planning, development, and evaluations of district special education programs.
- Participate in the school district's budget process, particularly as it pertains to students with disabilities.
- Provide outreach, support, and education to members of the community.
- Maintain a support network among parents/guardians.
- Maintain and update our website to disseminate information and share resources with families.
- Keep current with legislative actions and inform our members and community.
Advocacy Network, Inc.
177 Huntington Ave Ste 1703,
PMB 52476, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Email: [email protected]